Easy No-Bake Horse Birthday Cake Recipe

This weekend, APHA mare and EquiStix designer, Cali, turned 10 years old!  It’s hard to believe that that once-upon-a-time little punky filly is now a mature lady!

EquiStix "Designer", Cali (APHA palomino mare)

In honor of Cali’s big day, I’d like to share this tasty and easy horse birthday cake recipe.  It is no-bake, which makes it quick and convenient, fun for the kids to help you with, and practically fool proof for those of us who may not be as gifted in the kitchen as we are in the saddle! ;)

Enjoy!

Cali’s Carrot Cake:

• 4 cups of sweet feed (or oats)
  • 1 cup of molasses (or honey)
  • 1 carrot, grated or finely chopped
  • 2 carrots cut into carrot sticks
  • 1 apple, sliced

Mix the molasses (or honey) and sweet feed (or oats), along with the grated carrot in a large mixing bowl.

When fully mixed, place the “batter” on a plate and shape into the form of a birthday cake. This is a little sticky and a lot of fun, especially for little hands!

Layer the apple slices on top as “frosting” (or use more shredded carrots for this if your horse prefers), and stick the sliced carrots vertically on top, as candles.

Fun, cute, and easy, it’s a sticky but delicious treat your horse is sure to enjoy!

Happy Birthday, Cali girl!

About these ads

About AWhite

I am the owner of Equus Athletics and the inventer/designer of the equine sports massage tool, EquiStix. This blog is a place for me to share my passion and knowledge for horses and health! I love to get feedback about how I can improve my followers' and customers' experiences, and I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact me! Happy riding!
This entry was posted in Just for Fun and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Easy No-Bake Horse Birthday Cake Recipe

1. Charlene says:

Found a link to this perfect horse bday cake recipe on horseforum.com, and so glad I did! My horse, Betsy AKA Carrot Crusher, has a birthday coming up and I’m definitely using this to make her day a great one. Thanks Alexis!

2. Pingback: Red Velvet Beet Cake Recipe for You… and Cake for your Horse Too! | My Equine Athlete

3. Miranda says:

instead of sweet feed is equine senior ok?

• AWhite says:

I havent tried Equine Senior specifically as a substite, but I’m sure it will work similarly! Sweet feed just gives it the consistancy to form a solid, so I’m sure you can play around with ingredients to see what fits your/your horse’s needs! Good luck, and let us know if the modification works for you!!

4. Sunne Wijtmans says:

My horses birthday is on tuesday and i have been looking for heaps of things to make and then i came here!!! Thabkyouuuuu i am soooo gonna make this xox thankyouuu

5. Gabby says:

Hi I just made this for my boy’s birthday. His name is Remmy AKA Remington, now a 22 year old dressage and eventing school master. I ran into a bit of a problem. The batter is very loose and barely sticks. Is it supposed to do that? Is there anyway I can harden it?

• AWhite says:

Hmm, strange Gabby! It should be sticky enough to hold form… might be a little soft, but shouldnt be runny. Try chilling it in the friedge to see if that helps if you run into the probelm again! let me know how it goes! :)